8.01.2011

Quick Easy Dulce de Leche

 So last week my sweet tooth desire got the better of me and I was googling "dulce de leche icing recipe" to try my hand in making them. My new cobalt blue standup mixer arrived and I was dying to try it out. 

I had a few baking ingredients in my pantry but most of the essentials were lacking. I tried making icing without powdered sugar and instead used cornstarch with granulated sugar and I just have to say it was a disaster! Never again! 

Cobalt blue

I had a leftover boxed cake mix of chocolate fudge cake and I wanted to try a dulce de leche icing to give it a twist. I found this recipe and gave it my spin. 

Here's my ingredients for the dulce de leche frosting : 

1 can condensed milk
1/3 cup nutella
3 cups powdered sugar 
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 tbsp vanilla



Here's a not-so-great shot of how it turned out. Its delicious nevertheless! 

Choc cake w dulce de leche frosting


No comments: